Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

It's my grandsons iPhone it's broken cant switch it on. he

it's my grandsons iPhone it's broken cant switch it on. he has been without his phone for 2 weeks and I am paying for a broken phone
JA: When did you last charge your phone?
Customer: it was fully charged when his phone died
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?
Customer: he has tried all this even took is phone into the Apple store in Manchester who gave him a link to try and do a reboot on his computer but when it got to 99% he received a message stating not enough room
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am trying to make a claim for a new phone but the claims department can't complete as he needs to remove find my iPhone before the claim will go through

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your phone. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the phone.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I don't have my grandsons phone he lives in Preston and I'm in Liverpool. he has tried all this before even took his phone into the Apple shop in Manchester they gave him a link to try and reboot his phone via his laptop but when it got to 99% he received a message not enough space

ok, please have him do the instructions I provided

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
no thank you I will call again

ok