Ashik
Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I dropped my phone and I can’t see nothing on screen I’ve

Hi I dropped my phone and I can’t see nothing on screen I’ve got a new phone from my provider Tesco mobile I want to transfer my data to my new phone but can’t as there’s nothing on the screen I’ve tried by using a computer but no success how can I transfer my data thank you
JA: When did you last charge your phone?
Customer: Day I dropped it 2 days ago
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?
Customer: Yes they tried in Tesco it vibrates but u can’t tell if on or not
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how do I get my data back

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok thank you

I'm sorry, without seeing the screen you will not be able to unlock the screen and give permission to transfer the data. The computer or any other device will not see or read the phone unless you open the phone and give onscreen permission. What is the model of your phone? We can check if there any backup made online.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Samsung galaxy A40

It is possible that your data are backed up online. So set up the new phone and while setting up, make sure you sign in to the same Google account and also the same Samsung account you used on the old phone. Does it ask you to restore from a backup?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No it just says on my new phone cannot connect
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No dont want phone call it cost 2 much
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Dont phone me plz

Ignore the phone call offer. First, take out the SIM card from the old phone and put it on the new phone. Then setup the new phone by following the onscreen instructions. Skip the transfer from another/old phone option. Once you setup, open the Settings app on your new phone, choose Accouns and Backup > Backup and choose Restore option.

Make sure you sign in to the same Samsung or Google account you used on the old phone