Kat
Kat, Cell Phone Salesperson
Experience:  Technical Lead
110517830

My Samsung S7Edge has died on me today. I have a Simfree

Customer Question

Hi, my Samsung S7Edge has died on me today. I have a Simfree mobile contract with EE network, inc broadband and landline.
JA: When did you last charge your S7EDGE?
Customer: I have had to buy an emergency phone, a Motorola Motoe6 Play, as I need it for work. I purchased the Motorola in my local Tesco main Store (not an Express one) and told the Sales Asst of the problem. He said the Motorola was the best one to buy. The Samsung was charged to 54% just as it 'died'. I have put the Sim card into the Motorola phone and need to connect to the WiFi. I chose the EE hub and tapped in the passwork on the back of my hub, but it's not being accepted. I have just had a very unhelpful telecon with EE who said it must be the new phone as my Broadband and landline are working fine. What can I do? Surely it doesn't matter what phone I buy, if I put in the Sim card it should work and connect to the right network?
JA: The Cell Phone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?
Customer: On which phone? The Samsung or the Motorola? The Tesco guy pressed the power, volume and screen buttons on the Samsung phone and got something but then it just stopped.
JA: The Cell Phone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to get WhatsApp, MS Teams and a phone App on the Motorola phone, for work purposes.
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Kat replied 19 days ago.

Sorry to hear your having issues with your Samsung device, to confirm your having issues connecting the phone to the WIFI (you are not trying to use 3G or 4G)?

Expert:  Kat replied 18 days ago.

Good evening its been some time since I have heard back from you.

I would start by restarting the router, and then see if you can connect to your WIFI in some cases the router can lock up and stop new devices joining.

Do let me know if you need anything further.