Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Customer Service
Experience:  10+ years of expertise in cell phone technologies.
8287049

I received my SIM card for my new SIM only contract on

Customer Question

I received my SIM card for my new SIM only contract on Tuesday. My unlocking from O2 took effect on Friday. I have 4G and a phone signal, but my iPhone 6 says that my new EE sim is not supported. I am unable to use my phone for anything,
JA: When were you last able to use your O2 phone?
Customer: My phone number is: 0779(###) ###-####
JA: Are you able to sync to iTunes?
Customer: My order number is: xko281649859. Dated 01 Nov 2020
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My iPhone was working normally until 11am on Friday. I may be able to sync to iTunes with Wi-Fi if I take the SIM card out.
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 16 days ago.
Hello, and thank you for the question. The EE SIM should work without any issue on an unlocked iPhone 6. I would suggest contacting O2 at 0344(###) ###-####to determine the reason for the error of the phone has indeed been successfully unlocked, as I don’t believe this is an issue you can resolve without their assistance.Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank-you for your time and advice. I will ring O2 tomorrow, but I had hoped we could sort it tonight as my phone has been useless since Friday morning. regards, Kevin