Sheri
Sheri, Technical Support Expert Consultant
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

ItsmyipadislockedIcannotgeyintoitthatswhtiamusingmyphone,

Customer Question

ItsmyipadislockedIcannotgeyintoitthatswhtiamusingmyphone
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone?
Customer: Itsnotmyphoneitsmyappleipad
JA: How long has this been going on with your phone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Awhileicantactivateipad
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, don't know why this device is locked
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Sheri replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer, an independent question and answer portal. My name is Sheri. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your iPad. I know it can be frustrating. I am happy to assist you and will do my best to resolve it for you quickly.

*Please note: You may see offers for Premium Services pop up. These offers are automatically generated by the system, not by me. They are optional and do carry an additional charge. We can always continue to work on your solution through messaging.

Your Solution:

If you enter the wrong passcode too many times, you will see a message that your iPad is disabled. If you are unable to remember your passcode, you need to erase your iPad, which will delete your data and settings, including the passcode.

If you backed up your iPad, you can restore your data and settings after restoring your iPad. If you never backed up your iPad before you forgot your passcode, you won't be able to save the data on your iPad. Follow the steps below to remove your passcode.

You need a computer to follow these steps. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Remove the passcode on an iPad that has Face ID

1. Make sure that your iPad is not connected to your computer.

2. Press and hold the Top button and eithervolume button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPad. Then connect your iPad to your computer while holding the Top button. Keep holding the Top button until you see the recovery mode screen.

3. If you backed up your iPad, after you remove the passcode, restore your data and settings.

Remove the passcode on an iPad that has a Home button

2. Press and hold the Top button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPad. Then connect your iPad to your computer while holding the Home button. Keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery mode screen

Restore your iPad

1. Locate your iPad on your computer. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. The Finder or iTunes will download software for your iPad. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your iPad will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat the steps above to remove your passcode.

1. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your iPad.

For more information, please click this link: hhttp://ttps://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211078

If you still need help, you can reach Apple support at 800-APL-CARE(###) ###-#### or via chat at https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=psp&PRKEYS=PF23

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you. I really appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience