Ashik
Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

It's my ipad, It's an ipad 4, For about 3 months. I got

Customer Question

It's my ipad
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone?
Customer: It's an ipad 4
JA: How long has this been going on with your phone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: For about 3 months. I got locked out because I forgot my password ***** kept trying to enter it.
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to restart it.
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
Is your iPad asking for a 4 or 6 digit passcode?
or is it asking for Apple ID and password ***** activation?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It's asking for Apple ID
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'm happy to continue with chat thank you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello!
Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

Sure. Do you know your Apple ID?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

First I will explain the issue here. Your iPad was reset/updated. There is a feature called 'Find My iPad' that was activated on your iPad prior to the update/reset. This is an anti-theft measure by Apple that blocks unauthorized access to your iPad. Since the software is updated and the iPad detected a change in software, your iPad is now asking you to verify that you are the original owner of it. So you need to enter your Apple ID/iCloud and password ***** activate it. You will not be able to use the iPad until you activate it.
Apple ID would be your email address registered with Apple and used on your iPad. Remember, you must use the same Apple ID you used on the iPad to activate it. If you don't remember the password, then you have to reset the password ***** Apple's website. You can reset it from here. Click this link-->  https://iforgot.apple.com/

Go to the above website. Use the "Get an Email" method to reset the Apple ID. Apple will send the reset instructions to the recovery email you set up with your Apple ID. It would be your email registered with Apple, like Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Open your email and you will see the email from Apple. Open it and follow the instructions to reset the password.

If you don't see either option but to reset via a trusted device or using the phone, then select it and follow those instructions. Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.
​​​​​​​Note: This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5-star service. If you feel you've received anything less or are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please let me know by replying here, and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied, or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It still didn't work!
Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

What does it say when you enter your Apple ID and password?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
In the process I was asked to provide a new email for Apple ID, then once it was all set up with the verification codes it still didn't accept the new email. So the message says;
Tha Apple ID "*****@******.***" cannot be used to unlock this iPad.
Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

That means this is not the Apple ID you used on this iPad. Do you have another ID?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The original ID was***@******.***
Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

You need to activate your iPad using that ID and its password. You will not be able to activate it using a new ID, unfortunately.

Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

Please reset the password ***** "*****@******.***". Click this link-->  https://iforgot.apple.com/

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Now it's saying No Apple ID found
We cannot find an Apple ID matching the information provided.
Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

On your computer, open www.icloud.com
Login to your account *****@******.***
Click "Find My iPhone" icon, and do you see your iPad to select under All Devices?

Expert:  Ashik replied 13 days ago.

On your computer, open www.icloud.com

Login to your account***@******.***

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm still working on it!!!
Expert:  Ashik replied 13 days ago.

Ok.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can't do it and I'm locked out again!!!
I'm 76 years old and can't remember my security questions!
Expert:  Ashik replied 13 days ago.

I'm sorry for the difficulty. If the above method doesn't work or if you are unable to reset the password, then you have to call Apple directly and ask them to reset the password ***** their side or you can submit the activation request form.

To contact Apple Support, click this link on your computer/phone -->  https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kbase&PGF=PGF63005&category_id=SC0245&symptom_id=23362

Click the Chat or Talk to Apple Support option. You can also submit a request via this page (click this link) -->  https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

I'm afraid this is your only option to get your iPad unlocked. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Please note, I can only give you truthful information which you may or may not like but it is truthful information to your question. I understand you are probably upset at your but please consider that I am only a messenger here while rating. If you want more information or continued help, please let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction.