Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Repairs Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

How can I change my mobile to data only and not voice and

How can I change my mobile to data only and not voice and data. Should airplane mode be on
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone?
Customer: CR XR
JA: How long has this been going on with your phone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried to find where I can change text to read data only
JA: The Cell Phone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a handset which you are wanting to use with data only Airplane mode is switched on. Unfortunately, this is not possible, when Airplane mode is activated, you will not be able to use any services provided by your Network providers, however, that does not go to say WiFi will not work. I have included instructions below which will assist you WiFi during Airplane mode is enabled.

1. Open settings from your home screen. 
  2. Toggle the Airplane switch to the left, Airplane mode will now be activated. 
  3. Scroll down to WiFi, toggle the WiFi switch to the right, and the mode will now be enabled. 
  4. Choose from the list the network you wish to connect to. 
  5. Now your device will be connected to WiFi. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
With the mobile toggled right it’s not possible to get anything but voice and daya
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Data
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It’s now says data roaming with the airplane mode on is this correct

Airline plane mode will disable Voice and Data but you can use WiFi.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Always here to help.