Ashik
Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

My incoming calls are going straight to voicemail, iPhone

Customer Question

My incoming calls are going straight to voicemail
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone?
Customer: iPhone 13
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: iOS 15.5
JA: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?
Customer: about five days that I am aware of. I checked the do not disturb button hasn’t been pressed.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks-
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. I understand that you are facing an issue with your iPhone. Please give me a few minutes to review and answer your question. Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

Are you able to make calls from your iPhone?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

Thank you. I will send the instructions here now. Give me a few minutes, please.

Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

We can soft-reset it and see if it works. Please follow the steps below;

1. Quickly press and release the volume up button.

2. Quickly press and release the volume down button.

3. Press and hold the side button continuously for 10-15 seconds or until it shows the Apple logo (max of 20 seconds).

Important, please read: It may take up to 10 or more seconds to show the Apple logo, so keep holding down the side button and ignore the "slide to turn off" message if you see it (don't attempt to slide to turn it off). Please do the steps again if it doesn't work on the first try and make sure you do it exactly. Timing is important. Don't hold down the Volume buttons. Quickly press and release buttons. Only hold down the side button at last for 10 seconds. There shouldn't be any delay between the presses.

​​​​​​​Check if it works now. Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No it didn’t work. When I pressed the side button the screen went blank and then I have to hit it again to bring it back to the opening screen
Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

Timing is important when you do the steps. Please repeat the steps again and when you do it correctly, it will show the Apple logo.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It’s not working. I will call into an apple shop next week
Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

I'm sorry for the difficulty.  Please see this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfU_7w5487Y

(Instructions are applicable to all 13 series)

Go to Settings > Focus > Do not Disturb (or Settings > Do Not Disturb if using an older iOS version) and make sure it is not turned on there.

Then open Settings > Phone and make sure the "Silence Unknown Callers" option is disabled.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Did all that and still not working
Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

When you reset it, did it show the Apple logo?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
after it did the reboot went back to my Home Screen.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
the "Silence Unknown Callers" option is disabled.
Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

That means you did it correctly. We can reset the network settings of your iPhone.

On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Transfer and Reset > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. This will not delete anything from your iPhone. It just resets some settings like WiFi, Cellular, etc.

(Reconnected to your WiFi network as well since this will disconnect the WiFi)

Please check if it works now.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
no joy I’m afraid
Expert:  Ashik replied 13 days ago.

Unfortunately, this seems to be an issue with your SIM card or your account (even if you can make calls or use cellular internet). We have already tried all possible troubleshooting steps so far. I'm afraid you will need to take it to your service provider store or carrier network store and have them check your account or issue a replacement SIM card (with your same number and plan). I'm sorry I couldn't solve the issue for you. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.  Have a good day!

Expert:  Ashik replied 13 days ago.

Hello there, I’m just following up with you. Do you have any follow-up questions? If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Ashik

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks. I thought we had finished. I will go to my phone company to see what they say tomorrow. But thanks for your help
Expert:  Ashik replied 12 days ago.

You are most welcome!