Ashik
Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I am going on holiday to India can I get roaming, it's

Customer Question

hi I am going on holiday to India can I get roaming
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone?
Customer: it's galaxy s21 5g
JA: How long has this been going on with your phone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nearly a year
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just what's the rate for roaming
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 15 days ago.
Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Expert:  Ashik replied 15 days ago.

Who is your carrier network provider? Vodafone, O2, etc.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Vodafone
Expert:  Ashik replied 15 days ago.
Thank you. I will send the options here now. Give me a few minutes, please.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 15 days ago.

Thank you very much for your patience! To use your phone in India, you have two options available. First, you can contact your current SIM provider (Vodafone) and have them activate/enable an International Roaming package on your existing SIM card/account. This will let you use your existing SIM with your number overseas, so you don't have to buy a new local SIM card when you get there. This is the recommended option if you don't want to change your number when you are there and this will also let you send/receive texts, use the internet, make or receive calls, etc. But international roaming packages are costly. Please see the cost and plans here, click this link --> https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/costs-and-charges/travelling-abroad

The second option is, contact your carrier network/SIM provider(Vodafone) and have them unlock your phone for international use (if it is not unlocked already). This will let you use a buy and use local SIM card when you get there. Internet, SMS, calls, etc. would be a lot cheaper on this option. This would be a better option if you are staying there for more than a week or two. Even if you are choosing Option 1, I'd recommend having your phone unlocked in case you face any issues with your current number there. I hope this answers your question.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
can I chat about the roaming rate
Expert:  Ashik replied 15 days ago.

Please open this link --> https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/costs-and-charges/travelling-abroad

Type India

You can find the rates there.

Here are the details if you choose to pay monthly;

Charges in India: You'll be charged £6 a day to use your UK allowance of data, minutes and texts - and you'll only pay on the days you use your phone.

• A day is midnight to 23:59 in the capital of the country you're visiting
  • It's always free to receive standard rate calls and texts
  • If you go over your inclusive allowance, you’ll pay the same rates as you do in the UK
  • 4G data is available in India
  • You can also use the data from your plan abroad in your inclusive roaming destinations, just to note there’s a 25GB roaming fair use policy per billing month. This includes any Data Extras that are available.

Pay as you go Charges in India

Make calls 60p per minute

Receive calls 36p per minute

Text messages 8p per text

Picture messages 66p per text

Using data12p per MB

Expert:  Ashik replied 15 days ago.

You can also call customer support at 191 from your phone for more information.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 15 days ago.

You are most welcome! If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. I would be happy to help you.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Have a good day!