TechFixer
TechFixer,
Experience:  dasdasd
115999627

Took out my SIM card and then returned to my phone lost

Took out my SIM card and then returned to my phone lost everything. Previously said it was all backed up now it’s disappeared all my data and my purchases from Apple. Can you help It also does not recognise my signing in.
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: I can still use my phone for calls but it’s my history and purchases also photos I have lost.
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Phone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: that would be great how do I do that? I am not Tech savvy
JA: Is there anything else the Phone Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so apart from my purchases

Hi and Thank you for using JustAnswer, please allow me a few moments to check over all the details you have provided my assistant pearl!

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can’t call as I only have sim and will cost too much

I'm sorry to hear your experience has been not-so-positive with your Apple iPhone.

I have never heard removing a sim card can cause so much trouble and to the extent of deleting user data from the phone itself. I guess you are fortunate of having a backup because without that you don't even have the option to restore your phone from a backup. I assume you will need assistance restoring your phone altogether from those previous backups, I have included information that is in an instructive format to assist you to carry out those steps, hopefully, once you have carried them out, you will have everything back.

First, you will need to reset the phone to factory settings, If you are unsure how to do that, I'll include the instructions for that too.

• Find the settings icon on your screen.
  • Scroll down to General.
  • Scroll down to Transfer or Reset iPhone.
  • Select Erase all content and settings.
  • Confirm the prompt on your screen. 
  • Wait for the reset to complete.

Now you will need to set up your phone again, it will look like it has just come out of the box, asking you multiple questions on initial setup.

• Turn on a new or newly erased iPhone.
  • Tap setup manually.
  • Tap Restore from iCloud Backup, then follow the onscreen instructions, you may need to sign into your Apple iCloud account first before you are given a list of the backups stored inside of your account.

Thank you for using JustAnswer and I look forward to assisting you in the near future!

Steven

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi what about my purchases from Apple as It won’t recognise my signing in ID

If your password ***** not work, you will need to reset it and the password ***** can be performed online via the Apple website - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201487