sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Chevrolet Captiva, gears are sticking, over heating although

Customer Question

Chevrolet Captiva, gears are sticking, over heating although oil and water are fine. Noise coming from back wheels think it's something to do with the brakes as they clank at times.
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: Dpf filter lights keeps going on
JA: What year is your Captiva?
Customer: 2012.ive had it at 2 different garages and no warning lights
JA: Are you fixing your Captiva yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I can't fix this I'm usually OK with older cars but this no
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: How would I check the coolant
Category: Chevrolet
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, captivas have a well known problem in the transmission cooling system that causes the transmissions to fail, this problem comes from the cooler, it seems to me that this is the problem you are experiencing, on the other hand I would like you to send me a video of the problem you are experiencing with the wheels.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.