sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Immobiliser by passing in a Chrysler Neon

Customer Question

Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would want to not use any more the remotes and the immobiliser
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, there are a possibility to bypass the inmobilzer. I know just one proccess and i hope it works for you:
the procedure is connecting the wires of the direct key to the starter motor, or making a bypass (short circuit) in the RKE module, that is the one that gives the signal to open the starter motor, it is located in the center of the clock, below of the right carcass (housing), where the rear window defogger and the right airbag are.

Dear Customer, My goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped. I am sorry that i can not give you anymore info but i hope it help you solve.
Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave.
If you need anything else, please let me know Even after you rate, i can keep helping.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Good morning Sebastian.
The car is fitted with ROCKWELL ( USA make) Immobiliser module which is located underneath the top front panel.
I know exactly where it is.
This is the RKE module you are referring to.
However, there are too many wires.connected to a socket that is plugged into this Rockwell module.
To short circuit as mentioned by you above in your answer, how do I identify the starter actuating wires.
In principal they shold be THICK gauge wires. But I have other THICK gauges wires also.
Can you please clarify?
Thanks and awaiting a reply please.
Cheers
Subrata
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am also little bit confused by your answer as above.
RKE module in Chrysler Neon is not located where you say it is.
It is located on top of the centre vent underneath the top front panel.
So I know where it is.
My main doubt is how to identify the wires that activateds the starter motor.
I taken it when you say the wires to be short circuited, you are referring to wires going to the starter solenoid.
Am I right??
As I told you there are two many wires of different colours and gauges connected to the RKE.
How do I identify which are the wires to be short circuited???????????

Yes, Indeed. the wires are thick. The power wires, must be the red ones and the starter wire(s) must be the brown one(s). I will atached you a short video where the bypass is done.(it is a general video, just to show how to do it)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1D1KMEB6Bk
Sorry about the place where i told you the rkv is located, i got confused.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for sending the video.
Initially I was thinking that you were suggesting the short circuit the wires at the outer end of the RKE.
Now from the video I see that I have to short circuit at the key cylinder end.
My problem are not the keys. I have two keys which work perfectly.
Probably you are not acquainted too much with Chrysler Neon 1999 model.They come with two black keys and two 2 button FOBS to lock and unlock the doors from 3 metre distance thus giving entry to the car. At this point of time the ROCKWELL immobiliser is disengaged and you put your key and start the car.
I am not too much keen on the video shown solution.
I have just now physically counted number of wires connected in the socket that is hooked up with the ROCKWELL RKE.
15 total, some yellow and some redstripes wires are thick gauges.ou please
Can you please help me out to identify the wires to be short circuited there?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Following the video as a reference you sent, I took out the socket that goes into the key cylinder.
There are some thick gauge wires and some thin gauge wires. The socket has top wire connector and bottom wire connector.
Some wires are connected to top and some to the bottom.
I do not have the car manual to identify the wires to be short circuite to activate the starter..
As I told you I have the keys working perfect. So I can turn the ignition on to number 1 position and all panel lights come on.
Now I have to identify the 2 wires for the starter.
I need to know the colour codes. I do not have the repair manual to identify.
I need your help.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sebastion,
Your YOU TUBE method unfortunately did not work.
The car is still mobilised.
Therefore I need help.
Have physically taken out the ROCKWELL brand RKE (Immobiliser module).
Therefore in my view the ECU needs to be REPROGRAMMED.
Can you help?

Dear customer, I'm sorry, I could not connect before.
Let's try, by connecting a clip to pin # 11 of the immobilizer to ground. Putting the car in contact, push(turn) the swicth once and it should enable the injection. I hope it serve.
i attached you the electrical diagram in 3 pictures.
Sorry i cannot offer you more specif help it usually is not as hard to deactivate the inmobilizer. i will attach you more information to see what can help you.
To reprogram the ECU
Access the green cable, located in the passenger compartment, this cable has
a red connector at the end.
• Connect this cable to ground
• Put the contact in ON
• Press a button on the remote to be programmed
• The doors open and unlock indicating that the programming has been completed.

• Enough the mass of the programming terminal to exit.
• A maximum of 2 commands can be programmed.
you can also reset the ecu just disconnecting the negative bone for 5 minutes.

Electrical diagram1

3. the images its for neon 98 but it apply to 99 too.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Good morning Sebastian.,
Since your original suggestion of short circuiting the starter wires did not work and I do not have much time to waste,
I have already contacted Chrysler Distribuitor in London where I am and the car is being sent to them to solve the issue.
There seems to be a communication gap between us.
I WANT THE ECU TO BE REPROGRAMMED TO FUNCTION THE CAR WITHOUT THE RKE( ROCKWELL BRAND) AND THE REMOTES. IN OTHER WORDS I WANT TO OPERATE EVERYTHING MANUALLY WITH THE 2 BLACK KEYS.
Have no intention of reprogramming the FOBS ( 2 remotes) as suggested by you as above.

Yes, you're right.i am sorry and i hope you can sorted all out.