romee619
romee619, Mechanic
Experience:  Let my online trouble shooting skills gained by years of experience busting my own knuckles under the hood speak for themselves.
61287765

Chrysler Crossfire Coupe reg.01/09/2004. Cannot get into any

Customer Question

Chrysler Crossfire Coupe reg.01/09/2004. Cannot get into any part of the car..fob batteries are new but main battery is very low and,apparently inaccessible,no access to any doors, bonnet(hood) tailgate. apart from sticky ignition key syndrome(for which I have the fix, but cannot get into the car either to fix this or even charge up the vey low main battery. Have I got to pay astrononomic fees to Chrysler Key will not operate the lock even though it was perfectly OK before... rely to ***@******.***
Assistant: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?
Customer: several years but cannot access it due to no access to any part of the car
Assistant: Are you fixing your Crossfire Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I have some knowledge,having just rebuilt a British Leyland 1500 Diesel.,as yet though apart from having the remote control batteries reenewed I cannot get int the car to do anything else.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: reply by email to***@******.*** the name is Paul
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** dealer technician, and welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today.

Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution.

As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money and some cases a phone call is required.

If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful.

Can you access into the vehicle with the key blade in the drivers door?

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot get any kind of access to the car,either by key or remote
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok please get some penetrating oil like PB blaster and insert in the key hole of the locks and soak the cylinders and let the penetrant work for a bit like an hr and then again spray again. Need to free the tumblers up to have the lock work to gain access to open the bonnet to jump start the vehicle.

This will be the ony way to get in with out any damage to the vehicle!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done but no result. will try again in about one hour
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

keep working on it it will free up need to have the chemical work on it to free it up!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the electrical level of the battery is insufficient to trigger the door and tailgate locks.We need a way to recharge the battery in the car, thus I need a way to open the bonnet (hood)
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

listen please on the doors if you take the key blade out of the remote and insert in the door mechanically you can open the door to gain access.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The key remote does not lend itself to more than changing little batteries.If I were to try to dismantle the key part it will require total destruction of the key fob. I do not have a spare keyfob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I diagnosed earlier, once the car was gently entered and the main battery recharged the problem went away
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your help, but destruction of the key fob and£600.00 for a new one was never on. Damaging the glass/body also not going to happen. If you want to know the secret, send me a text . C.P.Hopper (*****@******.***