Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Chrysler ypslon start stop function when the lights are on i

Customer Question

Chrysler ypslon start stop function when the lights are on i have no power in the car the throttle remote has been changed but with no affect what can i do that will actually fix this
Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Fluctuates drop down gear and foot will pick it up but it will drop again
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: Ypslon 2012 1.2 36000 miles on
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No i have had diagnostic showed no fault took it to garage the changed throttle remote it was ok for 3 wks but is now a prob again but it doesnt do it all the time once every couple of wks or 1 wk between
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No love the car apart from this prob
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can. My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long. If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The wiring to the throttle needs to be checked to see if any wiring is found to be loose or damaged or corroded. I have seen where wiring to one of the throttle components will intermittently cause this fault here. I have also seen bent or damaged terminals in the connectors at or leading to one of the throttle components also cause this fault.

This has to be checked into further to help pinpoint which is the cause and then from there, it can be repaired to resolve this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi pete i have had all that checked and throttle remote changed about 3 wks ago

If all wiring was already checked and connections as well and no issues were found, the throttle system needs to be checked again and if an issue is seen with throttle signals or controls operating incorrectly when this acts up, this would lead me to believe this is an issue with the engine computer itself. It can fail or act up internally causing this issue here as well.

This does have to be checked again when it is acting up to see if the throttle signals are inaccurate or intermittently sending no signals as this would indicate an internal engine computer failure and the computer would need to be replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed. Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete