Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I have replaced the stereo system in my Chrysler 300c for

Customer Question

I have replaced the stereo system in my Chrysler 300c for another facty part but the screen does not illuminate and tghe radio will not switch on?
Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Which fuse do you mean?
Assistant: What year is your 300C?
Customer: 2007
Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have just replaced the stereo unit, like for like
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  jeep10000 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Did the original radio power up when you turned it on?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but the screen kept failing, I have tried the old one back in and that doesn't work either as it did before? Is there an anti theft system that shuts the radio down once disconnected from the power supply? Geoff.
Expert:  jeep10000 replied 1 year ago.

Hmmm, it is possible that a fuse blew, Give me a minute to pull up the wiring diagram and see. Be right back.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** powers up as I can hear the CD clicking through, the unit illuminates around the edges when the lights are on.
Expert:  jeep10000 replied 1 year ago.

Check fuse # 36 and # 44 in the fuse/relay box in the trunk.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Side lights / I meant .
Expert:  jeep10000 replied 1 year ago.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do, it is nighttime so I'll see how I get on.
Expert:  jeep10000 replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I will keep an eye out for you later.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris, both fuses checked and they are fine.
Expert:  jeep10000 replied 1 year ago.

Ok Geoff, are the part numbers of the 2 units the same? Even though they may look the same, there could be internal differences. Where did you get the replacement radio?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
part numbers are the same, purchased off ebay, of course I have the same problem when re fitting the original unit which I know worked other than the screen failing. It was working today when I swapped the units ? As I say, when re fitted that doesn't work either?
Expert:  jeep10000 replied 1 year ago.

Gotcha. I wonder if a pin/terminal in the radio connectors became dislodged or damaged when doing the swap. By the way there is no anti theft system that will prevent the radio from coming on in your vehicle.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that the only thing that would stop either switching on? As i say i can hear the unit checking itself when connected?
Expert:  jeep10000 replied 1 year ago.

Well then the only other thing at this point is the new unit has issues. Do you have a 12 volt test light handy?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still don't get why the old one won't switch on when re connected? Never mind I will look elsewhere. Thanks.
Expert:  jeep10000 replied 1 year ago.

Yes it is strange, and without being at the vehicle myself, I cannot say. I will opt out of this question. Maybe another expert has an idea.

Chris

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel the question thank you.