sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Have replaced fuel filter housing. Fuel injectors. Car

Customer Question

Have replaced fuel filter housing. Fuel injectors. Car starts and drives in reverse. Revs fine in park. Stalls when you engage drive. 3 or low. Sometimes you can drive forward very slow but will stall when you increase revs. If the wheels are off the ground. It will run and change through the gears
Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?
Customer: The one mounted on the engine.
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2005 grand voyager diesel 2.8 card limited
Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Voyager yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Injectors .fuel filter housing with a bit of help fault codes showd injectors but it wasn't
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Of course I need you to continue. The whole idea of this service is to get some answer or guidance to what to check. Not the best start for your service. Please continue
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. I understand how the service works, I just wanted to make sure you wanted to continue and did not want to cancel and get your money back.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi .It has now been 3 days. When I filled in your form and paid . It showed 7 Chrysler mechanics waiting to answer my question. It then said it would be 8 minutes till I got my answer. . It has now been approximately 4500 minutes. Do these Chrysler mechanics exist? Are they all on holiday at the same time.? Are you advertising a service that isn't real, or just miss represented and taking money under false pretences. I do need an answer asap from a Chrysler mechanic.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
I would like to help you dear customer, could you tell me please the mileage of your car and if you could share the fault codes with me please..
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
145000 p0203 p0202 p0204
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Any chance of a response?

Dear customer in your query, this error code is activated when the computer does not recognize voltage or return signal from the injectors, to explain a bit the computer sends a voltage and pulse signal to the injectors once receive these signal do not return back to the computer when executing it, when the computer does not recognize the return signal activates these error codes, intuiting that there is a problem in the injectors according to the code.
I would like to know if you have checked injection pulse and power in these injectors connectors to corroborate that it is simply not a problem in the electric loom because the wiring of this Chrysler is subjected to high temperatures and eventually comes to suffer certain problems.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
all checked. Injectors replaced
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Something is cutting the power to the injectors. Test lights lit when cranking the engine and engine would start. When cranking and not starting the test light did not light . Sensor has been changed

Dear customer already at this point, given the error codes I would be concerned with a failure in the ECU of your Chrysler, I explain:

It is true that there are many causes of this type of failure can be even from the injection pump, but what surprises me are the precise error codes that you have, just these error codes are clearly referring the injectors and have already been replaced and tested voltages and pulses in the wiring looms, it seems that the computer can not encode the return signal for some reason.

I am going to recommend you dear customer to check the injection pump by taking it to a technician who can see if it is distributing the fuel correctly with the same pressure to the 4 injectors and that it is not obstructed by dirt, only to rule out that the problem is not is concentrated here and that by a pressure drop the injectors can not work properly and the computer can not correctly encode the signal.

But if once this is done, the problem continues, i will recommend you to consider to locate a test ECU, you can locate a garage where they have other Chrysler to which they are doing work and can proceed to replace the ECU to see if the problem is corrected , you can also go to a scrap yard where they have another equal voyager and tell them to please let you check if there are problems in the ECU so that you can immediately buy it. Given the problem presents, i canencapsulate your query to these answers.

Of course, I would also like you to please check the compression of the cylinders to see that it is not a low compression in the cylinders and the injectors are not getting a good signal for this reason.

Have you understood dear customer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Fuel to injectors has been tested. Head gasket was done last year. The car runs fine when the wheels are off the ground, changes gear , no missfire. Reverse drives fine. In park revs fine. Only when you engage drive does it stall. If you gently engage drive it will move forward at low revs.

Ok, please tell me what scanner you are using, for which you are only getting these error codes, and it seems that transmission problems are also involved if you are not using a suitable scanner you will only have access to the PCM ( power control module) therefore you could not access the tcm module (transmission control module) and therefore you can't know if there are problems in the transmission that are causing this inconvenience.

On the other hand, remember that an engine can work quietly when torque is not applied or when the box or transmission is in neutral or in position P, also when it is loaded effectively the transmission can work without problems what happens is that when a car move, applies torque and this torque is transferred from the engine to the transmission, therefore one thing is when one transmission needs torque to turn and another very different when the engine is free.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Have you ever heard of this happening ?

Hello dear customer, i had some issues and i cuold not get online before. My apologies.

In fact, I have heard about this kind of problem and usually there are problems in the sensors or components that regulate the iddle or minimun or are problems with the transmission, but as you have already made an automotive diagnostics to the engine, I considered that now the problem is in the transmission but as I say you can not access the transmission by means of a generic diagnostic equipment OBD, you have to use one with the chrysler software and there are even error codes in the same engine that generic scanners can not recognize by That is very necessary to make a good computerized diagnosis before doing any work. To avoid expenses that are not needed.