sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

All indicator lights have stopped working from outside. When

Customer Question

All indicator lights have stopped working from outside. When indicating right or left only hazard lights start flashing inside the car but no lights flashing outside at all
Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No code what so ever
Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Chrysler Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: Fy56fsc
Assistant: What year is your Chrysler?
Customer: 56 plate
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried changing the stork hoping it would resolve the problem but stork did not need replacing. Checked all relays all are fine. Changed fuse box wasn’t that really required.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
will wait. ThankYou for replying back even though it’s late
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, i would like to help you. Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
please

Dear customer, I understand your query. There are several aspects that we have to verify.

The first thing is to check if we can hear the characteristic sound of the relay when the indicator lights flash, it is that sound like a "TAC TAC TAC", every time the light blinks if we can not hear this sound, it is defective and it has to be replaced which is very common that happens.

If even after replacing the relay the problem continues without working the lights This worries me, because although it seems to rule out the fuse box. Remember that the legs where the network connections fit can get to overheat or simply to be damaged which in some occasions a replacement of the fuse box is required.

On the other hand If the relay is working, we should check with a tester if voltage is coming to the flashing bulbs, and evidently verify if the bulbs are burned. Although it is unlikely that all the bulbs have been burned at the same time.

If the bulbs are good and the relay is activating, the work gets a bit cumbersome. You have to check the wiring line, that is, you have to verify the wiring of the relay until the bulbs to see where it is being cut the communication. This can be due to problems of corrosion in the wiring or that has been stung at some point and it is necessary to carry out the pertinent repairs in these defective points.

I know it's a cumbersome job but electrical-related jobs of this type are always annoying, but the truth is not something of the other world or impossible to repair only that the recommendations i gave you deserve patience to be able to discover with precision the point where the defect is.

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.
If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. 0You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Best regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi if you have read what I had typed at the beginning it mentions I have already changed the fuse bix and all light bulbs are fine not one bulb is burnt out all relays are fine and have been replaced but the problem is still there.
Your answer does not help me at all.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can’t call sorry

Dear customer, I had not noticed that you had already replaced the fuse box. I apologize

Dear customer, have you verified the wiring and the command lever so far?
Thanks in advance.