Philip Wessels
Philip Wessels,
Experience:  owner at point zero
106201380

We have a Grand Voyager 2015 and the combined DVD/Blueray

Customer Question

HI we have a Grand Voyager 2015 and the combined DVD/Blueray player is now not playing blueray discs. A DVD is working ok, but none of the Blueray discs will play (say read error and it the discs spins up several times before coming up with the read error)
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: 32k, no scan tool, but I may be able to get my hands on one later in the week
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Voyager yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Very little at the moment, apart from switching it on and off (etc) it’s only just happened on a trip this evening. What I have noticed is that the discs are quite warm/hot (but the DVD disc still works)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Mainly to understand if there is a mechanical difference with the unit when a DVD vs Blueray is played - trying to understand if there is a fault with the unit etc
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Philip Wessels replied 1 year ago.

Hi - My name is ***** ***** I will try and assist you with your issue today. Give me a few minutes while I look into this for you.

It sounds like you need to update your firmware on your multimedia system which might resolve the issue. It does not sound like a mechanical issue

I'm busy looking into this so long.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, There hasn't been any other updates to the system and it has been working up to this point. is there a way I can check the firmware levels and compare it to the latest version?

Hi - You can try going to this website although I cannot find the Grand Voyager there I do believe the 2015's had the Uconnect system: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/chrysler.html

Enter your 17 digit vin number on the website to see if its compatible.

unfortunately I cannot take a call at this moment but I can certainly assist you online as and when you wish

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem, It was the chat that came up and asked me to agree to a phone call :)
I'll have a look at the VIN And the website then check

Great Thanks :) - I'm on standby for you

Did the website turn out ok for you ?

If there is nothing else I can assist you with, please be so kind as to rate my service as we do not get paid for unrated replies.

Hoping that you have a great day and week further.

Philip :)