sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Just got grand voyager, disabled rear suspension makes pump

Customer Question

Hi, just got grand voyager, disabled rear suspension makes pump noise but does not go down ?
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the Chrysler?
Customer: just got it good ride, no fluid under car
JA: What year is your Grand Voyager?
Customer: dec 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Voyager yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: do not know what to try,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you have anyu indicator lit on your dashboard?
Have you scanned your car so far?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No

Dear customeri apology for my delay. I had to sort out some personal issues. The suspension of your great voyager is pneumatic, it does not use a pump, it uses a compressor, the difference is that the compressor works with air and the pump works with hydraulic fluid.

The pneumatic compressor of your suspension can cause sounds due to various factors. The good thing is that i noted that the suspension has not gone down means that the suspension is not being affected, but I recommend you disassemble the compressor as soon as possible and do a review and a maintenance since it is likely to have a lot of internal dirt and is impeding the entry air causing the compressor to be forced and because of this it produces this sound.

Therefore I recommend that you do this compressor maintenance as soon as possible because the longer you try the more you run the risk that the compressor may be damaged.