sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Crd voyager has come up with a fault code p0069 manifold

Customer Question

Crd voyager has come up with a fault code p0069 manifold pressure /barometric pressure correlation I've changed the map sensor and plug the egr vaccum solenoid and maf sensor but still cannot get this fault to clear I also cannot find anything regarding a barometric pressure sensor
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: Yes
JA: What year is your Voyager?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Voyager yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Crd voyager has come up with a fault code p0069 manifold pressure /barometric pressure correlation I've changed the map sensor and plug the egr vaccum solenoid and maf sensor but still cannot get this fault to clear I also cannot find anything regarding a barometric pressure sensor
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thats all thanks
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 19 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today how is the drivability of the vehicle.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Feels to be in limp mode (no boost from turbo) other than that seems fine

3.0 CRD Engine

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Unfortunately being at work I'm only able to type as I am currently working on my vehicle (the chrysler) and completing work on a customer vehicle

Have you checked the inlet manifold swirl flaps / motor see image that is if it has swirl flaps fitted.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
My vehicle does not appear to have them fitted
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
File attached (VT47SG6)

They would be underneath the manifold and what is going on with the wiring.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
There doesn't appear to be any motor on either end of the manifold and unfortunately I had found a few broken wires but haven't gotten around to tidying them up as of yet

ok due to time reasons i will have to opt out and let another expert take over regards Gavin.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 19 days ago.

Dear customer, the error code, as you will understand, speaks of pressure problems in the manifold, this can be due to various factors such as inconveniences in the map sensor, vacuum leaks in the air intake system, wiring problems, problems in the throttle body, damages in the the intake manifold and so on.

There is something that catches my attention in your query and it's that you are indicating that there are some broken cables, I am concerned that these cables are related to the map sensor, as i see in the picture I see that you have several arrangements at the electrical wiring, I recommend that verify very well that the electrical wiring is referring to the map sensor, surely your fault is the wiring.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Firstly I changed the vaccum solenoid as it had a fault for the egr but as the only difference I could see between a vag one ams chrysler was the plug so I swapped the plug and fitted a new solenoid the map sensor repair I believe is fine as if I unplug that connector the fault that comes up is boost pressure sensor a high so I don't believe there is a problem with the wiring repair but the fault only cam about after replacing the egr solenoid

Dear customer, then you could be presenting vacuum leaks to the intake system, I thought about the wiring failure because of the picture you sent me wherr I see that the wiring is manipulated, but as now you tell me that it was after the EGR valve repair, it could be a vacuum leak inconvenience, it would be nice to get into the live data stream through the diagnostic tool and see how much the manifold absolute pressure is, this is the best way to check if the sensor is truly correct.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The sensor is reading 254kpa even with the engine off

Dear customer, is the signal stuck in 254 kPa and does not change even with the engine running?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It stays at that at idle don't think it changes much under load but checked for vaccum without the sensor in by hand and there is definitely vaccum there

Dear customer, then the problem is with the sensor. Because the pressure when turned off is the same to the atmosphere equal to 100 kPa and when it is under load shall be around 300 kPa, this vary according to the altitude.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I should attempt to replace the sensor even though I fitted a new one from gsf?

No, you should see what is happening with the sensor signal, because from what I see it could be a wiring problem, but if you want to try another sensor, it isn't a bad idea, the procedure itself would be verify sensor and verify wiring, until that there is no variation in the map sensor, the error will not be corrected.