Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

The brakes stoped working and it was determined it was the

the brakes stoped working and it was determined it was the servo pump. the servo pump was replaced with a new one but im still having issues. i get the initial break when pressing on the pedal and then it stops and starts pushing back which makes it extremly difficult to stop the car
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2007 grand voyager
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Voyager yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no my mechanic is
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i dont think so. mechanic is wondering if its the ABS the egr is also needing replaced

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today when this issue happens can you hear the ABS pump working as your brake pedal pushes back.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i honestly have no idea sorry. i had the car back after the servo was replaced and had to take the car back in within 24hrs as it was clear their was still an issue. i could not get the car to stop properly when coming to a junction and had to come straight out. the brake initial works but then goes very hard and starts pushing back. when that happened i had to press down as hard as possible and the car rolls to a very very slow stop

The ABS is working when it should not often this is down to a corroded ABS pick up ring on the drive shaft (see image) when you say the servo pump was replaced did you mean the ABS pump.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
it the the brake servo pump (vacuum pump) that was replaced

Like this see image

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
yeah im sure that was the part replaced
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (GZ1S6Z5)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thats the part their

Who is repairing your vehicle.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
the local Mechanic that i use
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
but it has been off the road that long im now resorting to try and find the problem myself as i cannot affort to pay £100+ on Taxis every week to get my 4 kids to school plus i ned the car back on the road ASAP as im going on holiday at the end of the month and need it back on the road

ok it needs resolving ABS issues are easy to fix we need a workshop that knows what they are doing could you put your postcode in workshop finder http://www.boschcarservice.com put your postcode in and let me know if you have any Bosch approved independents near you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Search this area
7
24
5
Bridgend Motor Group Ltd
2 Mi Open today 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Heathfield
Ayr
KA8 9BN

Is that close to you and are you ok driving the vehicle.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
sorry i just copied and pasted. yes their is one by the looks of it im just worried about sending it else where as i had issue with another garage before sending it to the mechanic i usual use. the garage it in at the moment is ADB mechanics west sanquar ayr
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
its within a few miles of the garage its at right now. yes it can be driven but its very dangerous to drive and im not happy driving it myself as it sets off my anxiety because of the brake issue
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
can i ask why it needs to be a bosh approved garage?

I get that about your anxiety i do not understand the approach your garages are going about this issue it is not a complex issue to resolve. The reason for a Bosch approved is your ABS system on your vehicle is made by Bosch.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
they have said they dont know what the issue is becuse the vacuum pump is working. giving me the initial brake. but after the initial brake the pedal is pushing back. he said hes not sure if it the ABS or something else
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
from what i have told you all ready. do you think it sounds like an issue with the ABS?

It is the ABS pump working when it should not if you do not want to take it somewhere else to be repaired see what trouble codes are stored in the ABS module.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you i will speak to my mechanic this morning and see if they have any further information for me and if not explain what you have just said and see what his reply is. if im not happy i will come back here and see about him moving it to the other garage in heathfield for them to look at

I am working all day if you want the mechanic to ask me any questions that is fine just use this thread. I will put a $5 premium service to you so we could talk on the phone this is an option you can still contact me via text on this thread.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you. i am just leaving to do the school run but i will be contacting my mechanic just after this. i have a docs appointment then i need to go back and pick up my son from school at 11 so it will be after that that i will be able to be at the garage. i will contact you back after the running about this morning and see if the mechanic would like to call you and take up your offer thank you

No problem i am here all day.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you

Talk soon.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
iv just spoken to the mechanic and he's trying to figure out how to fix the ABS kicking in when its not suppose to. I told him he could talk to you so he said that was fine. I have sent you his number if you could give him a call that would be great thank you

Tried calling but got no answer are you ok.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
yeah he should have answered he's just answered to me Ill call him again give me 2 min. sorry about this

I will call you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
he has his phone in his hand now so said to call him back
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
its my mechanics number I have given you thank you
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
iv just been told theirs no codes showing on the ABS module

Can i call you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
yeah that's fine
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I have been told today that its the whole ABS unit needing replaced. so tommy is going to call around and see if he can source one and get a price. I should know more on Wednesday

Why does he think it is an ABS issue.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I imagine it was from what the engineer said as well as the conversation he had with yourself. you also thought ABS last week

Can i call you.