Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

May I use E10 fuel in my Chrysler Crossfire? The Governments

Good afternoon, may I use E10 fuel in my Chrysler Crossfire? The Governments website does not list it. Many thanks
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: May I use the E10 fuel in the Crossfire? The Government website doesn't list it. Many thanks
JA: What year is your Crossfire?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you fixing your Crossfire yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's my late Husbands car and I just want to know if it is compatible with the new E110 unleaded fuel. Many thanks
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, it just about the fuel.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Mrs Sally Faulkner
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No need for a telephone call as I am sure a Chrysler Mechanic will already know the answer. This is my late Husband, Vic Faulkner's car so I am trying to keep it going. Many thanks

Hi Sally I hope you are well. I'm sorry to hear you have a vehicle that's in this grey area where the manufacturer isn't clear as to if there are any negative effects from the e10 fuel. I understand exactly how frustrating this can be. I would recommend that super unleaded fuel is used to remove any risk of issues from using the new fuel because Crysler hasn't given the info as you are sure it can be used this is your safest option

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I thought that would be the case, I already use the super unleaded - have you any idea if there are plans to stop selling this?

no super unleaded has to be offered as well as the e10 fuel to ensure that everybody is catered for.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Many thanks for your help - it will stop Vic turning in his grave.

I'm glad I've been able to assist and put your mind at risk. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!