Steve
Steve, Technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

Beeping noise when driving, 62plate chrysler ypsilon 1200

Customer Question

Beeping noise when driving
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 62plate chrysler ypsilon 1200 40000mls
JA: What year is your Chrysler?
Customer: 2013
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No just purchased it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Steve replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to JA. My name is***** am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.
You will receive an offer of a phone call by the system, this only needs to be accepted if you wish to speak to me, I can otherwise continue to answer your questions via the thread.

There are a few reasons that the beeping may occur, this may be due to a seat belt not fitted or possible a speed warning which has been set on the dash at a lower speed than you are traveling.

The first point would be to check that the doors are all closing fully and that the interior lamp is operating correctly, this will eliminate the possibility of a faulty door switch.

It will depend on when the beeping occurs, but this may be a warning which could be accompanied by a symbol on the dash. Checking the dash warning signs against the owners handbook may highlight the cause of the beeping.

If this was purchased from a dealer then contacting the dealer who sold the vehicle would be the next move.

If this was a private sale, then a quick call to the seller, who should know the car may highlight a setting which can be altered.

I hope this answers your question but I want you to be 100% happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.
Thank you for using Just Answer
Steve

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Really don't know as wife was in car and away in Edinburgh just now but unfortunately knew to check those things thought it might have been something you knew about working with chrysler
Expert:  Steve replied 12 days ago.

Nothing specific comes to mind, there are a few things that set off the chime, but these can depend on the driving condition, has this noise stopped now, was it just at that one point?

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 12 days ago.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.
Steve