sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2008 sebring convertible, roof workedpriir to

Customer Question

Hi i have a 2008 sebring convertible, roof workedpriir to fitting new battery, now roof begins to open, trunk opens then all stop. Roof does not disconnect latch above screen.
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: It pops open fully ready for roof to fold next step would be latch at front to release hood
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Removed interior panels,Checked wiring , no breaks visible, checked two microswitches in boot, no fluid leaks, checked pump in boot, cant see any blown fuses, tried turning latch manually with tool but tight and didnt want to place excessive force
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Dont think so
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, do other electrical systems fail?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Jose Sebastian, thank you for your response, my name is ***** ***** answer to your question: No, all other electrical systems are okay. We cannot find any error codes. The dashboard states sunroof in operation

Dear customer, it is very likely that during the battery change a voltage difference was generated that could have deconfigured the operation of the roof, the appropriate thing to do given that there are no relays or fuses in poor condition is to perform a reset of the factory settings of your car, so if it is an alteration in the signal that goes to the roof, it should be corrected.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you I will try that.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.