Louis
Louis, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  licensed auto tech 20+ yrs
7906536

Not quite a classic, but a 1992 200tdi defender. Any idea

Customer Question

Not quite a classic, but a 1992 200tdi defender. Any idea what/where the earth connection from the battery to the chassis is?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 3 years ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear csutomer,i've seen nobody have taken your query. i'd like to help you. Do you still need help?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
please, I have a land rover 1993 200tdi defender and can't find anywhere on the internet to tell me where the earth connection to the chassis is, or even what it is. I have just seen it mentioned a few times about reasons for batteries to overcharge if the alternator isn't the problem. Many thanks,
Jack

Hello dear customer, my apologies i am having some problems and i couldn't get online before.
Do you still need help?
Have you checked near the transmission for the area of the chassis?there is a ground.
The other earth is the one that is next to the negative terminal of the battery that is a short cable that goes from the battery to the chassis right there.