sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

As explained earlier my battery drains automatically if I

Customer Question

Hi as explained earlier my battery drains automatically if I keep it aside for few hours so I checked with the mechanic they claim that the electronic control unit of my car is supposed to be faulty so they advised me to get a new one and asked me to wait for few days so I have an doubt now as my battery gets drained when the ignition is in off position so shall I turn on the engine for the whole night to make sure the car doesn't turn off again so that by tommorow I could drop it off at the garage
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yeah okk my name is ***** ***** I actually met you thebother day regarding the same problem
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Today morning one mechanic diagnosed the issue and informed there is a problem with the electronic control unit

Dear customer, you could also remove the battery to prevent it from discharging.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Do I need to disconnect the both the terminal

Dear customer yes, although if you will keep it on for a few hours to charge the battery, it is also a good option, as sometimes when you remove the battery, some misconfigurations occur.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank youuu

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you.

For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas

Kind regards, Sebastian