Mike
Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 11 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I am looking for a regulator for a 30 year Seiko

Customer Question

Hello, I am looking for a regulator for a 30 year Seiko Mantelclock, it is valuable but I have been told I can't get the part, even though they said to me it would be a cheap part to get. They said it is not available anymore. All that it needs is the regulator,
Category: Clock Repair
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
On the clock was a number :Ref QQW532F and 28702E
Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I'm unable to identify these reference numbers I ran the number you gave me QQW532F and 28702E in my data base at my repair shop and came up with no matching numbers. I will opt out and let another expert help you. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Mike, I am not certain they are the right reference numbers but this is what is on the clock at any rate
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I feel it is very likely that the regulator can be got, but what price would they normally be if it could be obtained?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I meant to say NOT very likely as a jewellery shop I went to told me that the regulator could not be got now.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 months ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and refund your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request, as per our satisfaction guarantee.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Would you be able to refund my deposit so, please
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would rather get the deposit back as I am not at all certain that the regulator can be got and I don't want to risk losing the money for nothing.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you know if I will get my deposit back today
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have not got any reply since yesterday and the,€37 has not been refunded.