michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Science(Hons)
26798893

I have a 6510 printer which has suddenly developed a problem.

I have a 6510 printer which has suddenly developed a problem. It will no longer print anything in black. I have replaced the black cartridge. I always used genuine HP cartridges. I have checked that all the cartridges are vented. I have gone into Tools and cleaned the printheads. Have you any suggestions?
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
how many times did you clean the print head using the head cleaning option.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have cleaned them twice. Once when I notice the problem after installing the new cartridge. Then I uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it and cleaned them again.
this seems to be a problem of a clogged printhead.
please follow the below steps
Print a nozzle test: From the control panel home screen, touch the Settings icon (wrench icon)
Touch Tools , and then touch Print Quality Report . The product prints a test page.
let me know if any black ink comes on nozzle test or not
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Print consists of various 2" and 1" vertical lines at top in cyan, magenta, yellow
Then 6 half-inch stripes across the page - cyan, magenta, yellow and then same 3 colours but paler.
then 4 square brackets which appear to be dark brown, the first containing a half-inch block of magenta, the next a block of cyan, the third a yellow block and the 4th is empty.
that indicates that the black is not printing on the nozzle check as well
how old is the printer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was a present and I think is was December 2011
unfortunately since the symptoms indicate a clogged printhead we are limited to very few options
since this printer model does not have a removalble printhead, we cannot attempt a manual cleaning of the printhead nozzles
so the next step would be to attempt a cleaning with printhead cleaning kit to unclog the printhead
printhead cleaning kits are available at printer stores as well as online
i am listing a link below for the cleaning kit available online
you can open the below link by typing it in the address bar of your browsers window
http://tinyurl.com/nd85e4u
however if the above fails the printer would need to be serviced for printhead replacement
i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again
Let me know if you have any questions
please click on a smiley face below or stars above to complete the rating if your question has been answered
Thanks for choosing Just answer