Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have hp envy 4500 printer scanner when using windows 8 I

I have hp envy 4500 printer scanner
when using windows 8 I could scan using panel on printer
now upgraded to windows 8.1 cannot scan.
message on panel says to check connection, this is ok as I can print from laptop.
Can you advise solution?
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Did you reinstall the HP printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1? May I set up a quick, secure remote session to check the issue now? Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks , yes as I would like to scan direct printer to laptop as before
OK, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ad08754e-3839-4422-8a78-a1e8fa00c722 On the page that opens up, click "I Agree". Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the bottom of your browser window.) I'll then be connected. Thank you.
Thank you; let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ad08754e-3839-4422-8a78-a1e8fa00c722 On the page that opens up, click "I Agree". Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the bottom of your browser window.) I'll then be connected. Thank you.