Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

We have just purchased an HP Stream 11 son

We have just purchased an HP Stream 11 for our son 12 years old who has dyspraxia and attends a French School. He is making good progress with touch typing on a qwerty keyboard but the school demands he types all the French accents. I have tried ALT+code but it doesn't work and ' with vowel that does work either. I think it would be even better to amend his keyboard to include the most frequent lower key accented vowels a,a,e,e,e,i,o,oe,u,u. Ideally these would replace the numbers and we could programme the number with the ALT function in their own place.
How can I do this?
Celine
I will be the person helping you today.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.
Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes we still need the help...
After you click the "Accept this offer" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.
Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.
Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com
After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 38 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think I've done it...
I am connected.
I look forward to your rating of my help on the top of this page. If you have any questions about rating me, please let me know.
Thank you for your time and please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.
- Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi yes I'll give you a good rating. Before the download was completely complete the system said it was not responding is it all installed properly... I have tried it on word pad and that works well but it does not sem to work on Microsoft Office Work ... - is that normal?
It should work in Microsoft Office Word. May I remote back in and check on that for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that would be fab
After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 80 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did it
I am not connected, yet. Did you run the program?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes - I think I did
It doesn't appear so. Please, try again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and now?
It doesn't show as connected. Let's try another option. Please, click this link: http://tinyurl.com/teamviewerJason- Download and run that file.- It will give you an ID & password. Please, give me both of the ID and password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ID 799 810 875
Password *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jason
I have been practising but the app still does a EURO sign instead of the much needed 0233 character [that is an e with slash like accent]
I was able to make the character. It just takes a bit of practice getting it input correctly. Do you want me to remote in once more and help you do this?
- Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
strangely it doesn't do it in wordpad but only in word office
é è ê ö ô ï î ù û à you see
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok yes please as I will need to train oliver up...
Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.comAfter clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 32 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
Thank you for your time, the chance to work with you, and for the update.I am a member of all computer, networking, and cell phone categories. If you ever need anything else, please let me know.I'm online most hours of the day and only a brief time away.-Jason