Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

1215 PSC printer stopped no problem with fuses on plug just

Customer Question

1215 PSC printer stopped no problem with fuses on plug just the printer is dead.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there Michael

No fuses in the printer. Is nothing showing at all? No lights?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nothing its not responding! The connecting lead is ok plug fuse sound, Has it got an internal power/fuse?Regards
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

No it does not

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or logic board. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2012 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising as this machine was designed and built for only a 3 year service life.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation

unplug power at the wall outlet

wait 5 minutes

press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds

keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; at that point it is time for a new printer. While it can be fixed, it is not practical to do so. You'd be in the $150 range to have the internal power supply replaced, and a logic board would run you $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks I had already come to that conclusion I am grateful that your professional verdict has confirmed the problem.
Thank Ypu
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. Please keep in mind the only way the site credits me with assisting you is if you rate my service​ to you.

Please take a moment to return and rate my service to you 3 stars or above if I was able to give you great service! If for any reason my service was not excellent, please do not hesitate to let me know how I can continue to help you.