syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional with 18 years experience in system design and troubleshooting
13852270

I was thinking of sending the CEO or telling her this (after

I was thinking of sending the CEO or telling her this (after extensive research on the topic!):"First thing will require an open meeting in the meeting room. Only the CEO(you), IT Manager(me) and the IT Auditor will be present. The contact (you) will introduce me to the IT Auditor (Name,Background Etc.). The framework and scope will be set, if not already. If so I will be informed.The response criteria will be established.
(This should only take a few minutes)Then the IT Auditor will be free to start.I will assist the IT Auditor with their requests in accordance with the response criteria laid out prior ONLY when requested.The Auditor will supervised by me throughout.Passwords will be entered by me when requested by the Auditor.The Auditor is not authorized to install ANY software on the system nor should they need to do so.Questions/Answers and any other notes/requests by the Auditor may be recorded by me throughout.The Auditor should submit their findings to you (the CEO), not me.I will submit my handwritten notes to you (the CEO) only, immediately after the Auditor has left. Once you have read through them / taken a copy of them I will type them up for you, if you request it."Can you look over this and amend it and make it as appropriate as possible?My meeting is tomorrow at 11:00am. I want to tell her this before the IT Auditor arrives.Please respond ASAP, thanksCustomerJamesB
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I dont want to look as though I am telling the CEO what to do but she admitted to me she does not have a clue.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thx David , I'll check in soon, gone for tea! :)

Hello James,

The outline looks good - I am reviewing it again to make sure you don't miss anything and will get right back to you.

Another item you should add is that any electronic tools the auditor requires should be clearly stated (this depends upon the nature of the audit), and that all hardware and software to be used must be inspected by you, which includes but is not limited to anti-virus scan of each device. Also depending upon the nature of the audit and the tools used, you can choose not to allow certain tools and can provide alternatives if necessary according to organization policy.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok great, sorry for wait. good point at the end there. I have no idea how experienced the IT Auditor is and I'll add to tell the CEO to make them feel as comfortable as possible.Any final thoughts?If so I think I can wrap up and finally get some sleep. :)thx David.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
^if not...opps

Yes, one final mention is that you need to know the exact nature of the audit. It sounds like you intend to establish that at the initial meeting. It is important to establish the scope before the auditor gets started and to know who requested the audit.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok will do. Thx! perfect!

Thanks and glad I could help!