syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional with 18 years experience in system design and troubleshooting
13852270

My linksey router isn’t working. The router is still sending

Customer Question

My linksey router isn’t working. The router is still sending out WiFi but no phone etc is picking up broadband. The linksey name on top of router is flashing on and off and I have switched it on and off and pressed the reset button on the back. Can you help?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  syseng replied 3 months ago.

My name is David.

It sounds like the router may have received a power surge. Power down the router and unplug it from the wall and leave it powered down for 10 minutes - that should be enough time to drain the router memory of all electrical charge. Then plug it back in and power it up. If the light on the top is no longer flashing then reboot the devices that connect to WiFi and see if they can access the Internet.

Please let me know the result.

Expert:  syseng replied 3 months ago.

Do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your help. It was nothing to do with the router, it was the microwave broadband receiver on the outside of the house which had gone wrong.
Expert:  syseng replied 3 months ago.

Glad it is resolved and thanks for letting me know.

Best regards,

David.