Shefin
Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I cannot switch on my computer. It was fine when I switched

I cannot switch on my computer. It was fine when I switched it off last night. This morning there is no response, no blue light. I have tested the plug on sockets which do work and still nothing.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the make and model number of your computer?

Shefin

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
HP Pavilion A6355
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That info OK? Anything more you need? Haven't heard from you for an hour now.

Remove all external devices, CDs, all cables including power, monitor, keyboard and mouse from the CPU. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After doing the same, reinsert power, monitor and keyboard cables, and turn on the computer.

Let me know if the issue persists.

Shefin

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did all that. No joy.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Any other suggestions? Are we still in contact?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I haven't heard from you for two hours and twenty minutes since my last response.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What's going on? If you cannot help can you pass me on to another expert who maybe can?

I apologize for the delay in my response. When you power on the computer, do you get any response like an LED or the Fan?

Shefin

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No light, no fan. Nothing.

It seems that the issue is with the Power supply. Check the power cord too.

You may have to replace the power supply to get the issue resolved. If you want to do it yourself, get instructions from the link below.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01882342

Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

Shefin

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've checked the sockets and they are working with other plugs. The plug itself is integrated and I cannot change it. How can I check the power cord?

It is the issue with the Power supply (SMPS). Please check the link below, so that you can understand how to replace it. The power supply is not working that is why you are getting nothing, not even an LED.

Shefin

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is obviously a job for an expert on call-out. Any suggestions on how to find one?

You can purchase the power supply online or from the retail store nearby you. However, it is better to contact a nearby technicain to replace it.

Shefin

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, that's clear. I was confused because I thought that by power supply you meant power supply. Cheers.

If you have any issues, please be back. If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

Shefin