syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional with 18 years experience in system design and troubleshooting
13852270

I am unable to download and open Microsoft 2010 office

I am unable to download and open Microsoft 2010 office package onto my computer as whenever I try windows media centre opens. Can someone suggest a fix?

My name is David.

Just to clarify, are you downloading it from the Internet or installing it from a DVD?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
From Internet, whenever I try and open file Windows Media Player opens

Ok then next use a different web browser to download - such as Firefox which you can download and install at the link below:

click here

It should save the file to your computer so that it opens correctly.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
oK i WILL TRY THAT THANKS

Very good and please let me know the result.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
HiI tried to download in Firefox and got same result it opened windows media player, so still unable to open office package

Ok, then next please let me know the name of the file you downloaded as it may be incorrectly associated with Windows Media Player.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 is what I am trying to download.

Check your downloads directory and let me know the exact name of the file that is downloaded.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have checked my download and cannot trace the Microsoft office product
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The link I was provided is http://213.136.93.33/downloads/iso/Office_Proffesional_Plus_2010_Volume.iso

Ok then the file you should look for on your computer is named Office_Professional_Plus_2010_Volume.iso .

Click the Windows Start button then the Search box and type

Office_Professional_Plus_2010_Volume.iso

in the Search box and see if Windows finds it. If the file was downloaded to your computer Windows should find it.

Once found, right click on the file and select the option to burn the image file to a DVD (if your computer is equipped for that).

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Got it sorted thanks and happy to rate your service