Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

The SSD 16gig hard drive is not recognised in the bios of my

The SSD 16gig hard drive is not recognised in the bios of my Inspiron 910. It states Fixed HDD : none.Other than cleaning the contacts with a rubber is there any other process I can try?
JA: Does the hard drive icon appear on your desktop?
Customer: No
JA: Have you tried accessing the drive on a different computer?
Customer: Not sure how
JA: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi there and welcome

What exactly happens when you start up the computer?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when I switch on the computer screen arrives with a number of messages on black screen last message "Operating system not found".

You cleaned the contacts with an eraser correct?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has failed and you will need to replace it sorry

Let me know if you need anything else, and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.