VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

My new MacBook Air is not linking with my new dell 22

My new MacBook Air is not linking with my new dell 22 SE2219H monitor
JA: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: Apple macbook air macOS Mojave 10.14.6
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Apple macbook air macOS Mojave 10.14.6
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Please reconnect

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to connect via vga and hdmi cables direct from monitor to macbook

if you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Disregard the remote service for 39, that is just an automated offer it does not apply in this case.

i'll cancel the remote assistance.

Can you please elaborate the issue so that I may assist you further?

Are you still there? I don't mean to rush you. I just want to make sure that we are still connected

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot connect my monitor to my macbook

Ok hold on

If you are using a video adapter to connect the two devices, connect the adapter to the DVI port of the MacBook, and then connect the video cable to the other end of the adapter. This allows you to connect a VGA monitor to your MacBook's DVI port. Turn on the Dell monitor, and then turn on your MacBook.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that, monitor says no hdmi signal from your device

Please check your hdmi is damaged

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It’s brand new and looks fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the vga cable didn’t work either

Try these instructions:

1. Turn off your MacBook and the Dell monitor. Failure to do this may prevent your MacBook from recognizing the Dell monitor.

2. Determine if you will need to use a video adapter to connect the monitor by checking the video input ports on the device. Many MacBooks and MacBook Pros feature a DVI port rather than a VGA port. If your Dell monitor only has a VGA port, you may need to use a VGA adapter. This adapter ships with MacBook Pro models, but you also can purchase it from Apple.

3. Secure one end of the video cable to the port on the back of the Dell monitor, and then secure the other end of the cable to your MacBook. If you are using a video adapter to connect the two devices, connect the adapter to the DVI port of the MacBook, and then connect the video cable to the other end of the adapter. This allows you to connect a VGA monitor to your MacBook’s DVI port.

4. Turn on the Dell monitor, and then turn on your MacBook. The images from your desktop should display on the Dell monitor automatically. If this doesn’t happen, press the “F7” key to turn on Video Mirroring.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are only two connectors, both thunderbolts and I have used an adaptor. F7 does nothing

Please follow the instructions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have and still nothing

What's the status now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing

Can you send me a picture?

For better understanding here the link: https://alvinalexander.com/apple/macbook-air-external-monitor-display-dvi-vga-connectors

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I send you pictures?

If you see upload sign in your reply box