Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I have a tech question regarding Samsung computer monitor,

Customer Question

Hello Pearl, my name is***** have a tech question regarding Samsung computer monitor, please.
JA: What Samsung product do you have?
Customer: Samsung C49RG90 49-inch Super Ultrawide Curved Gaming Dual WQHD 1440p Monitor Samsung C49RG90 49-inch Super Ultrawide Curved Gaming Dual WQHD 1440p Monitor
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: Recently I bought them through Amazon.co.uk
I drive on Mac computer (Mojave macOS) through AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics card.
This card allow 5120x2880 via DP port and the monitor is connected through DP port to this graphic card.
Then I check <System Preferences> I found that this monitor is in 5120 x 1440 (low resolution) mode. And I noticed that the picture is not very good – some small details seem like “ugly”, “uneven”, “rough” …
It is impossible change 5120 x 1440 (low resolution) to 5120 x 1440 high resolution mode. I can send you a screenshot.
I believe this monitor support 5120 x 1440 but how to make it drive proper 5120 x 1440 mode in Macintosh computers, please? Is it possible on macOS?
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?
Customer: Mojave
JA: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I wrote already
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks.
Category: Computer Hardware
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Anybody there?..
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry, how long to wait your answer?
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 11 days ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you. Secure Remote Assistance is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

That means your PC internal graphics card can't handle that high resolution. Invest in a dedicated graphics card and plug that into your PC PCI slot and then connect it to your samsung monitor to make it work

-------------

Let me know if you have any follow up questions. I am here to help you.