Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

On my PC, which uses a USB Wifi dongle, when I visit some

Customer Question

Hi,On my PC, which uses a USB Wifi dongle, when I visit some sites, the page takes forever to load with the result that my Wifi connection gets disconnected. I then have to close the tab in question and after sometime my Wifi connection is back. However, I am able to visit that website on my android phone without problems even though it uses the same wifi router.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  VanHilton M replied 16 days ago.

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have tried to update the driver of the USB wifi dongle but Windows 10 says that I have the latest driver.

Can you please elaborate on the issue so that I may assist you further?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The issue is as described in the first post

If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Disregard the remote service, that is just an automated offer it does not apply in this case.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The wifi dongle is Realtek RTL8811AU. The driver provider is Realtek Semiconductor Corp. The driver version is 1030.38.328.2019

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 16 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

I will do my best to help you.

To answer your question,

Go to the router settings and change the channel to 11 and 2.4 ghz to get it connected

By router settings, I mean login to your router web console by using the default IP and the make the change Or you can also contact your internet service provider to modify the change

-----

See above suggestion and answer, I hope it was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back before rating.

I am here to help you. If you are satisfied with the answer, then kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you. Thank you!

Note: You have reached Just Answer, an online question and answer company