VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

My Hp Laptop 'HP 15-ac151na' recently started having this

My Hp Laptop 'HP 15-ac151na' recently started having this problem. When I plug in the charger the white led comes on rather than the orange one to show it's being charged hence not charging my laptop. That being said it does show orange power led once it is shutdown so I have to charge like that? is this a software or hardware issue?

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have done these:
Power off the laptop.
Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
Power ON the laptop.

Orange color light on the charging port means that your notebook is charging and White color means it charged fully.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
yeah but when it is not fully charged and shows white light it means it is not charging
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is this more like software or hardware problem whats more likely?

I am being honest about it by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush. I suggest to bring your item to the nearest repair shop so that they can check manually the item. I hope things work great for you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
ok cool I think it is the hardware problem

Keep safe thank you, ***** ***** get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Disregard the remote service, that is just an automated offer it does not apply in this case.