ExpLari
ExpLari,
Experience:  Expert
117177496

My windows media player won't open a file it says To open

Customer Question

My windows media player won't open a file it says
To open this file Windows needs to know where it was created
Then it says
The selected file has not been recognised
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am Larimar Caldera. Your computer expert, it is a pleasure for me to answer your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

Dear user, what extension is the video you want to play, MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, FLV or another?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Mp4
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I think it's flv
Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

I understand dear user sorry for the delay in responding, the Windows player does not support many types of video extensions so I suggest you install a more optimal video player like VLC player.

You can proceed to download it from the following link, it is completely free and has support for high resolution videos.

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

once you download it proceed to install it, when it is installed you can browse to the file you are trying to play, right click on the video and then look for the "open with" option and select VLC player.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @ExpLari Kind regards, Larimar