Russell H.
Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers

I have two laptops and a PC each running Windows 7. They are

I have two laptops and a PC each running Windows 7. They are on a network together each showing the other two, but not able to communicate showing Error Code: 0x80070035. Can you help?

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Was this networking that you are asking about, sharing files on each computer with the others I presume, ever working before this?

Or is this an initial attempt at a setup of the sharing/networking?

What firewall program do they have on them?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Networking was working in the past.

Each computer has Kaspersky Pure 3.0 installed.

Has any change been made in the network, such as a router box swapped out, or similar?

Is your Kaspersky 3 updated to as recently as the occurrence of the failure of networking?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There have not been any changes made to the network.

Kaspersky 3 is automatically updated

Try disabling Kaspersky on two of the machines - temporarily! I emphasize - and then trying the connection between two machines at that time. See if that allows the connection to happen.
Then immediately re-enable Kaspersky on both machines.
Then get back to me as to what happened.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Networking established on two laptops with Kaspersky Pure 3 removed

Then some slight change in Kaspersky has induced a shutting Off of the File And Printer Sharing services on your computers.

You need to re-enable File and Printer Sharing on those computers, in your Kaspersky software. That is the summation of the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your suggestions, I think I will have to take up the problem with Kaspersky's Support People as I have tried all the settings I can change without success.

OK. If you would care to rate my Answer, that would be appreciated... and would allow me to be paid for the work I have done on your question.

What little help I can provide for Kaspersky is on this page:

and it says go to
Kaspersky Settings, click on
Firewall - Settings - Networks
and then set your home network as 'Local Network'.

That page also points out that if your local network, on the Windows side, is set as 'Public Network', then that is wrong, for that disables local network file sharing.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I eventually found the option to change my connection from Public to Local on each of my computers and this has overcome the problem of communication between them with Kaspersky operating on all three machines.

Many thanks for your advice

I am pleased to hear that my advice has been useful to you.

Thank you for making good use of the advisory resources of Please feel welcome to ask another question, at any time, in any one of our numerous categories.