JamesI
JamesI, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience:  James is CCNA certified and has experience setting up fibre and ethernet networks, and managing corporate network implementations
75967336

O2 signal is poor at my home. It was fine with TuGo but now

Customer Question

O2 signal is poor at my home. It was fine with TuGo but now that has stopped, only Wifi calling is available which does not work with my Galaxy S6. O2 say that because the set was purchased from CPWarehouse and not O2 it does not have the necessary firmware and this cannot be added. Can you resolve the issue?
Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?
Customer: yes to my laptop
Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?
Customer: All!
Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just resolution of wifi calling please
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 5 days ago.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Please continue
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

There isnt anything which can be done on the phone to enable WIFI calling if firmware doesnt support it but you could look to use a boostbox, which you can pick up for around £50 here

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 days ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
No response received to either questions yet
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 days ago.

Hi can you clarify what you mean by no response to either question, do you have a further follow on query to my response above:

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Q1 related to normal mobile phone signal replacing obsolete TuGo, other related to poor wifi signal
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 days ago.

sorry it appears you didnt get my previous response.

Q1. The firmware can not be changed as such WIFI CAlling is not support on your model, so this in turn means you would need to find an alternative product to TuGo such as Skype if wanting to make calls from a mobile though it wouldnt let you use your mobile number. The replacement service for this is the 'boost box'.

Q2. Poor phone signal can be caused by a number of issues what is your postcode, does O2 show your in a poor signal area?