JamesI
JamesI, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience:  James is CCNA certified and has experience setting up fibre and ethernet networks, and managing corporate network implementations
75967336

O2 signal is poor at my home. It was fine with TuGo but now

Customer Question

O2 signal is poor at my home. It was fine with TuGo but now that has stopped, only Wifi calling is available which does not work with my Galaxy S6. O2 say that because the set was purchased from CPWarehouse and not O2 it does not have the necessary firmware and this cannot be added. Can you resolve the issue?
Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?
Customer: yes to my laptop
Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?
Customer: All!
Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just resolution of wifi calling please
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 2 months ago.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please continue
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

There isnt anything which can be done on the phone to enable WIFI calling if firmware doesnt support it but you could look to use a boostbox, which you can pick up for around £50 here

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No response received to either questions yet
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Hi can you clarify what you mean by no response to either question, do you have a further follow on query to my response above:

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Q1 related to normal mobile phone signal replacing obsolete TuGo, other related to poor wifi signal
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

sorry it appears you didnt get my previous response.

Q1. The firmware can not be changed as such WIFI CAlling is not support on your model, so this in turn means you would need to find an alternative product to TuGo such as Skype if wanting to make calls from a mobile though it wouldnt let you use your mobile number. The replacement service for this is the 'boost box'.

Q2. Poor phone signal can be caused by a number of issues what is your postcode, does O2 show your in a poor signal area?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
CB23 2TY G3 G4 are meant to be excellent
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

The signal issue is also poor outside?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
A boost box normally only available to comrcial users has been tried without improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Then that points to a local phone fault then, as a boost box would fix the issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What do you mean by 'local' - the mobile phone or the Open-reach landline. Our internet connection is wired but logs download speeds of 37Mbs but wifi is poor in spite of trying several routers
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.
The boost box is wired into the router, and that only needs about 2-3mbps, so it’s not WIFI.
By local I mean it’s your phone, otherwise the boost box would have fixed it
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Please confirm I can close the case or if you require any further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
New i-phone has failed to get any improvement. Further conversation seems pointless
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
New i-phone has failed to get any improvement. Further conversation seems pointless as no progress is being made
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

No problem, the issue is with the carrier not registering the boost box from what you have said.

If your now using a iPhone have you considered using\enabling WIFI calling?

Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.

Please confirm if you need anything further or happy for me to close the case?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
We seem to be getting nowhere and I am very dissatisfied with the service
Expert:  JamesI replied 21 days ago.

Plesae advise how I can better assist you, from what you have described there is a fault with the booster your using, and you have selected a carrier with poor signal.

This leaves you with 1 of 2 options, get a replacement signal booster or change the carrier to one with better coverage such as Vodafone.