Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Troubleshoot Network Wi-Fi Wireless Devices Computers.
30037186

I havent used my Kindle for some time and have changed our

Customer Question

I havent used my Kindle for some time and have changed our wifi in the meantime. However, in setting up the the new wifi the Kindle doesnt recognise the wifi password.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This has been going on for 24 hours and we have tried entering the password *****
JA: Anything else you want the E-Reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry about your Wi-Fi password ***** I'm glad to assist you today. What's the exact error or message?

Are you able to check your Wi-Fi wireless password?
What is the make and model of your Internet modem router device?
Do you have a laptop or wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows or Mac?
Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have checked the wifi wireless password ***** confirm this is correct. The message is "the password ***** entered is incorrect. Try entering your password *****". Our laptop has windows.

Thank you. Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle for about 40 seconds, then turn it back on. Then please confirm your Wi-Fi wireless password ***** another method below:

1. On your Windows laptop computer, open Control Panel.
    ; (If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window should open.)
  2. Open Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center.
  3. Then click on your wireless network name on the right of the item Connections. (Note your exact Wi-Fi wireless network name.)
  4. Then click on Wireless Properties.
  5. Then click on the Security tab.
  6. Then select the box at Show characters.
  7. Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your Wi-Fi / wireless password. It is case-sensitive.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.