Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I've bought into TalkTalk fibre wi-fi and the wi-fi hub has

Customer Question

I've bought into TalkTalk fibre wi-fi and the wi-fi hub has just arrived and I am about to start setting it up. My computer is up stairs and the phone socket is downstairs. What would be the best way of connecting the phone socket and the hub; I'm thinking of net-working connection (sold by TalkTalk) or possible a long extension broadband cable. What do you suggest?
JA: Who makes your router?
Customer: The router is the TalkTalk Wi-Fi Network hub
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing so far; I need tome way of connecting the computer (up-stairs) to the hub, Either an extension cable or some other device.
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It can't be fixed until I set up the wi-fi hub and I can't do that until I know how best to make the connection between the wi-fi hub (which is downstairs) and the computer (which is up-stairs)
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry about your network issue. I'm glad to assist you today. You can use a long Ethernet / network cable. However, that can be inconvenient. You can purchase a USB Wi-Fi wireless adapter, and connect it to your desktop computer, so that you can use Wi-Fi wireless internet connection for your desktop computer. Also, for temporary setup, you can bring the desktop near the hub for now, and set it up.
Please let me know if you have any further question. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you,