Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

How recover kindle password. 6 months ago. No we were abroad

Customer Question

How recover kindle password
JA: When could you last access your Kindle?
Customer: 6 months ago
JA: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?
Customer: No we were abroad when had a problem on a campsite which affected 2 mobiles.
JA: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-Reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: One mobile which had been untouched since first problem worked ok when we returned to UK, the other m/c implies that we haven't the correct password. Its my wife's kindle machine, she did contact Amazon to see if she could get to read her books but didn't understand what the solution was.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 13 days ago.

I'm sorry about your kindle issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Is your Kindle asking for the Wi-Fi wireless password, or the Amazon account password, or the login passcode?

Does it let you go to menu / settings on your kindle?
What is the make and model of your Internet modem router device?
Do you have a laptop or wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows or Mac?
Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you,

Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

Solution #1:

• If it's the kindle login password, please try the passcode 111222777 and OK / continue and check.

Solution #2:

• If it's the Wi-Fi wireless password, please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s) to see if there is any passphrase / key / password there. If yes, that is usually your Wi-Fi wireless password; it is case-sensitive.

Solution #3:

• If it's the Amazon account password, please go to the website below, then enter your email address there, then click on Continue, then use the forgot password option there for resetting your Amazon account password:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/myk
  • (If the above website does not work, please use the website http://www.amazon.co.uk/password )

Solution #4:

- If you still need help with the Wi-Fi wireless password, and if you have a Windows 7 or 8 or 10 laptop or wireless computer that is currently working via Wi-Fi / wireless connection, then please do the following steps on your Windows computer in order to retrieve your Wi-Fi / wireless password through your Windows computer:

1. On the Windows computer, open Control Panel.
    ; (If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window should open.)
  2. Open Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center.
  3. Then click on your wireless network name on the right of the item Connections.
  4. Then click on Wireless Properties.
  5. Then click on the Security tab.
  6. Then select the box at Show characters.
  7. Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your Wi-Fi / wireless password. It is case-sensitive.

Solution #5:

- - If you still need help with the Wi-Fi wireless password, and if you have a Mac laptop or wireless computer that is currently working via Wi-Fi / wireless connection, then please do the following steps on your Mac computer in order to retrieve your Wi-Fi / wireless password through your Mac computer:

1. On the Mac computer, open Finder (which is the smiley face icon near the bottom left of your computer's screen), then click on Applications.
    ; (If needed, open any folder (or click on any blank space on the Desktop screen), then click on the Go menu at the very top, then click on option Applications.)
  2. Open folder Utilities.
  3. Open the item Keychain Access.
  4. If needed, select option System under Keychains column on the left.
  5. If needed, select option Password (or All Items) under Category on the left.
    - Then you will see your network name on the right column. (It will have a kind of AirPort network password; scroll down first if needed.)
  6. Double-click on your network name in order to open it.
  7. Click on the small box in front of the option Show password at the bottom.
  8. Enter your Mac computer administrator's password, and press the Return key (or click on Allow). (If you don't have a computer's password, just leave it blank and press the Return key.)
  9. Then you will see the password in the box on the right. That is your Wi-Fi / wireless password; it is case-sensitive.

We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.