Rafi
Rafi, Network Administrator
Experience:  IT Manager
106284071

Can't Connect to the Internet UE40ES5500 TV issue, Router

Customer Question

Can't Connect to the Internet UE40ES5500 TV issue, Router connection fine........So maybe an Ethernet cable issue?
JA: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?
Customer: amazon Priime TV, need to add the App to the TV
JA: How is your Internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?
Customer: switched it on & off Twice, Swapped Ethnet cable around as well.....
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this Samsung approved?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Rafi replied 10 days ago.

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent paid Question & Answer web portal. My name is Rafi. I am happy to be assisting you today. Please note Secure Remote Assistance are auto-generated and communication through chat is fine with me. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
switched it on & off Twice, Swapped Ethnet cables x3 around (Changed Ethernet Cable) as well.....
Expert:  Rafi replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for this info. Your dealing with a software issue here and not hardware. I would recommend the following troubleshooting next step: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/smart-tv-how-to-perform-a-factory-data-reset/

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Cheers - had a feeling it might be that, it's an old TV....
Expert:  Rafi replied 10 days ago.

Awesome. Have a good day.