Robert H
Robert H,
Experience:  IT Senior Client Services Engineer at DTE
106466437

Since I have had a new router installed by, I am now unable

Hi, Since I have had a new router installed by Virgin, I am now unable to download any books to my Kindle. Please could you advise what I should do. Many thanks, Annie
JA: When did this downloading issue start with your Kindle?
Customer: Just after I had a new router installed about a month ago
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?
Customer: Yes, I am trying it again now. I presume you mean my kindle?
JA: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-Reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question & Answer web portal. My name is Robert and I am happy to be assisting you today! ūüėä

Please note: If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

I’m so sorry to hear about your issue. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Steps

1. Connect your Kindle to the internet. Your Kindle must be online to download books.
  2. Tap the Store icon. It's the shopping card on the Kindle home screen.
  3. Browse or search for a book. ...
  4. Tap a book to view its information. ...
  5. Tap Buy to purchase the book. ...
    1. Tap the Home icon.

‚Äč

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Also, thank you for giving me the chance to help out today.

If there is anything else that I can help with today, please let me know. My goal is to provide excellent service to you!

Robert_IT
      (Your friendly expert)

You may also need to update your wifi password on the Kindle:

Changing wifi password on an old Kindle. You need to go to the Wi-Fi settings and click the "Forget" button or link for your network, then Connect again and enter the new password.

Robert H,
Experience: IT Senior Client Services Engineer at DTE