Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I have a Samsung smart TV in the Canary Islands.It is just

Hi I have a Samsung smart TV in the Canary Islands.It is just over 2 years old and has the new type remote control.The TV is connected to our communal digital network and we get a superb picture.However we do keep getting a message at top of screen."The broadcaster request we re-tune set Doing this makes no difference message keeps coming back.No one else is getting this message.Can this message facility be turned off. Thank you
JA: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: I am not sure of number.2 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu works perfectly but have to cancell retune message to use remote
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?
Customer: I have had this problem all the time
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you. Secure Remote Assistance is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

​That is a tune in funtion on your TV that is being tapped in by your cable company to collect info. Please call them to turn off that feature

-------------

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for your reply.I am not sure if I will be able to do this..The the signal is received on a satellite dish and routed by 75 ohm cable around our complex. Can I disable this function on the TV.

Depends, check in the TV settings menu and look for Tune Options and set it to disable

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thank you I will try this

You're welcome. Pleasure assisting you. Thanks for allowing me to help you out today.