Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

Hiya, I am trying to set up a TP_link_8688_5G nd it keeps

Customer Question

Hiya, I am trying to set up a TP_link_8688_5G nd it keeps asking me for my WPA2 password. Where would I find that?
JA: How long have you had your TP LINK 8688 5G?
Customer: approx 4 weeks
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have plugged the device into the mains, powered up, and then pressed the wireless WPS button on my BT router. All the LEDs came up blue, but when I tried to log on with my laptop a message came up saying I was not connected. Do I have to register the device? Quite confusing for a 68 year old non-techie!
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks. Thats the extent of my issue Pearl.
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
An alert came up saying someone had an answer, but I can't see where it has arrived.
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 16 days ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you. Secure Remote Assistance is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

If you are setting up this router for the first time then that means the WPA2 password is to be setup so you can enter any password you like that you want the password to be

-------------

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I entered a password but the answer came back Connection failed.'

If you are suspecting that your password is incorrect, then you can factory reset this device and then setup a new one, follow this:
With the Router powered on, press and hold the WPS/RESET button that is a tht eback (more than 10 seconds) until the SYS LED becomes quick-flash from slow-flash on the box. Then release the button and wait the Router to reboot to its factory default settings

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Because I am a freelancer with very significantly reduced earning potential because of the coronavirus, I would prefer to continue like this please. I cannot afford £16.00 at this moment in time

Understood, see my response above

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My password cannot yet be incorrect because I have only just tried to set it up.

Did you get my message above about resetting the device?